111.11.27

F is visiting again. Met him in the bazaar before dragging him off to a hotel. He didn't struggle much. He sleeps better out of his combat clone. Enough better to stay the night. He woke up once, shivering, but knew where he was. That he was with me. It's nice to be the strong one sometimes. To hold him when he needs it.

Been thinking about something C said. About being ready to do the things you want to happen. If you want to eat meat, you need to know the cost, and maybe pay the cost. If you want someone to fight pirates, maybe you need to be prepared to fight pirates. F said he wants me to be able to defend myself, not necessarily to hunt pirates. Maybe that's a compromise?

F told me there wasn't anyone else, that he is all mine. I guess he thought I needed the reassurance. Maybe I did. It was nice to be told.

He's doing well in his classes. He'll graduate sometime soon. Maybe he'll move back to Heimatar. I'd like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment